Sara Says: Put These Books on Your Summer Reading List
Help your elementary student combat “summer unlearning” by stocking the bookshelves with some great books that have a financial theme. Regardless of your child’s interests, he or she will almost definitely enjoy these titles.
- Berenstain Bears Get the Gimmies by Stan and Jan Berenstain – The bear cubs ask Mama and Papa for too much stuff in this story of learning the difference between wants and needs.
- Berenstain Bears Trouble with Money by Stan and Jan Berenstain – In this tale, the cubs get greedy and forget the value of family…almost.
- Alexander, Who Used to be Rich Last Sunday by Judith Viorst – Alexander gets a dollar from his grandparents. Find out what he does with it.
- DK Eyewitness Books: Money by Joe Cribb – This book is perfect for the youngster who is interested in a topic, but doesn’t want to read a story book. Readers explore ancient money, new money, and everything in between.
- What Happens to a Torn Dollar Bill? by Charles Reichblum – If your child loves trivia, facts, and figures, this is the book to get. There are 319 pages of fascinating questions and answers, plus money quotes!
Watch this video to get a few more of my favorite titles for the summer:
Info | No Comments »
Leave a Reply
Please make sure that your comments are appropriate for all our young participants to read. For your protection, please DO NOT include any bank account or social security numbers in any of the fields.