Goodbye Youth Board!
The 2012-2013 Youth Advisory Board just wrapped up their term, and what a year it was! These 13 teens joined the board in August and participated in a wide variety of events, connected as friends, learned about banking and nonprofits, and much more.
More than 35 applicants applied for the 11 open positions last fall. After completing an application, each candidate went through an extensive interview process. The resulting group became wonderful role models and ambassadors for Young Americans.
What does the Youth Board do?
Here’s a quick recap of the fun and unique things this group took part in this year:
- Welcome Reception and meeting each other for the first time
- Orientation Meeting to learn all about about Young Americans
- 25th Birthday Carnival
- Lessons in banking, fundraising, programs, credit and loans, and finance
- Communications and media training, including a trip to Channel 7 News for mock interviews with real news anchors
- Tour of Young Americans with the Greeley Cashe Bank and Trust Youth Board
- Volunteering and the Young Entrepreneurs Marketplace
- Holiday potluck
- Joint meeting with the adult board of directors
- Leadership Program of the Rockies Annual Conference
- State Treasurer’s visit
- Tour of the Denver Mint and Federal Reserve
- Entrepreneur brainstorm with the Goodwill Student Advisory Council
- Ice cream social at the Bank branch
- Bowling party
How can I join?
We are still on the hunt for applicants to the 2013-2014 Youth Advisory Board. Anyone coming into 8th-12th grade can apply by June 29th. Download the application here. Have questions? Leave them below and I will answer them — other may have the same question.People | No Comments »
Leave a Reply
Please make sure that your comments are appropriate for all our young participants to read. For your protection, please DO NOT include any bank account or social security numbers in any of the fields.