Calling All Stellar Teens!
We’re on the hunt for incoming 8th to 12th graders who would like leadership experience and a unique group to join. We want those students to apply to the Youth Advisory Board!
The what board?
The Youth Advisory Board is a group of bank customers, program participants, or those brand-new to Young Americans. They all have a few things in common. Future board members are enthusiastic, committed, and interested in banking, finance and non-profits.
This group will:
- Learn about Young Americans Bank and the nonprofit programs of Young Americans Center
- Receive a basic background in banking, business, philanthropy and public relations
- Provide insight and ideas on banking products, services and programs
- Develop basic presentation, communication and business skills
- Represent the organization at special events and functions
- Meet new friends from schools around Colorado
What are the perks?
The 2012-2013 board just wrapped up their term. Some of their unique events and activities included:
- A behind-the-scenes tour of Channel 7 News and mock interviews with the news anchors
- A tour of the State Capitol with the State Treasurer
- A trip to the Federal Reserve’s Money Museum and the Denver Mint
- Special VIP seating at the September Celebration for Young Entrepreneurs
- An invitation to the Leadership of the Rockies conference at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs
- A fun ice cream social at our new branch location
- A unique meet-and-greet and brainstorming session with the members of the Goodwill Youth Council
- Several fun parties for the holidays and the end of the term
The deadline to apply to the 2013-2014 Youth Advisory Board is Saturday, June 29. A list of Frequently Asked Questions can be found here, along with the application. No experience is required for those looking to apply. Any questions can be directed to Katie Payer.People | No Comments »
Leave a Reply
Please make sure that your comments are appropriate for all our young participants to read. For your protection, please DO NOT include any bank account or social security numbers in any of the fields.